Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

our story

I have said many times, my husband is not who I was looking for but I am so glad I found him.

We are different, very different.  He has a collection of sneakers I wear heels. 

We met at the gym in downtown Oakland.  (Classier then a bar...?).

We have said goodnight to each other every night since our second date.  Often on the phone, occasionally by text, but every night.

We had been dating nearly three years when Rob planned a surprise birthday party for me.  I walked in the door to find that my friends and had flown in for the party, he proposed to me later that day in front of 25 people.

Six months later I found out I was pregnant.  I was finishing my masters, working full time and planning my wedding.  I will never say that Taylor was not planned she just came a year ahead of schedule.

I was overwhelmed and stressed.  Rob was calm and excited.  He insured me that it was okay, that he would take care of me, that he would take care of us.

Months later I got laid off, I knew that I did not have to worry about finding a job. 

We got married April 22, 2006.



We had Taylor a month later.


Not sure what happened to the size of this pict.




September 1st, 2007 we got married again.


April 24th, 2010 we had Jaxson (he came right on schedule).



We have a good life.

It is not always easy, it has not always gone as planned, but it is good. 

Happy Anniversary Rob.

I love you,

Elena

13 comments:

  1. we have a great life happy anniversary my LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Elena and Rob! We're glad you found each other too. We love your little family bunches. Enjoy your night!
    xoxo,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe how time flies! I am glad I have been around to experience it all with you. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy happy anniversary!! what a beautiful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Love you both and your beautiful children! You two have a special love! It is heart warming to see that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so beautiful. Happy anniversary! You look lovely at BOTH your weddings :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary Elena and Rob. Your story is truly touching. The angels in heaven smiled after seeing the both of you together. And the rest of the world followed. You two really have a wonderful, loving and magical life together. Taylor and Jaxson are truly blessed to have such amazing parents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful story! So precious! Happy Anniversary, late.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary Elena & Rob - love the Napa wedding photo of you two. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post. Happy anniversary to you both. You seem very adjusted and happy!
    ~Marlene P.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary... we share an anniversary... My husband and I just celebrated 16 years this april 22.

    ReplyDelete