Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

There is no place like home...for Christmas

I am a real grown up.  I have two kids, a husband, a house, a mortgage, I listen to NPR, but when I say home I mean my mom's home.

I have always gone home for Christmas,  Christmas in Santa Fe is magical.

There is the snow on the mountains and the adobe, and the way the Plaza and Cathedral look decorated for Christmas.  Walking down Acequia Madre and Canyon Road on Christmas eve, having cocktails at La Posada before and after walking, and seeing my friends and family.

Then there is my mom.  I still get to wake up Christmas morning and see the magic of Santa Clause, I get to watch my kids as they see the magic she created.

I don't know if everyone feels this way about their holiday traditions but I love every part of it.  These traditions are what I want my kids to grow up with.  I don't need to have Christmas in my house.

Rob has come home with me every year.  It has become our family tradition but he says he wants to have Christmas at our house. 

I know I am a real grown up, and I should want to be at my home for Christmas, but I don't.  The idea makes me sad,  I would have a really hard time faking it for my kids. 

There is no place like my mom's home for Christmas.

Luckily, my husbands really likes to make me happy.  I just bought out tickets.

Thanks Rob and  Mom for making Christmas magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment