Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

This is not a cooking blog but...

I cook every day. 

Food is a big part of our life.  I love cooking and (sometimes) enjoy cooking and eating with my family.  I am a big believer in eating dinner together.  We sit down together pretty much every day for dinner.  Sometimes it is great and other times it is a chore, but still, we sit down together.

Here is last weeks menu:

Turkey Sliders (I mix BBQ sauce, spinach and onions into the meat): everyone at my house likes them

Roast Chicken and veggies: Easy comfort food  that everyone likes, and I made an extra chicken to use for meals later in the week.

Here is where I went a little crazy. 

My mom, brother, sister in-law, and twin nephews were coming for the weekend, I love having them here but everything takes more time when there are 3 babies and one kid in a house. To make it easier on everyone I got busy and made several meals before they got here.


Every burner was going


First up was baby food, yes I make baby food.

White beans, chard, sweet potatoes, garlic, onion, and carrots (add Parmesan and crusty bread and is is tasty for everyone)

Next up: Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas: They were fast to make because I used leftover chicken. 
Thank you mom flying with a cooler of chile.  

Then I made, Italian Sausage soup: Tons of veggies, turkey Italian sausage, pasta, tomatoes and broth.

Finally I made chicken stock with the leftover chicken and the carckuses, I will spare the you the pictures. I will use the stock for chicken soup and chicken pot pie next week. I will spare the you the pictures.

When I was done cooking I was ready for dinner.  I enjoyed a glass of wine and a bowl of cereal.

 What are you cooking this week?

2 comments:

  1. This is great, Elena! Some awesome cooking suggestions. I was curious as to where you could get organic green chiles in such a way but I remember your mom is from New Mexico! Lucky her and lucky you!
    I am in the process of cooking a braised pork shoulder (bone in) that I picked up at Corti Bros. I am hoping to get at least 3 dinners out of it plus some lunches??? That would be awesome, especially because it was only $22!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so spoiled that I get green chile from NM. I run out every year and have to wait until she brings us more.

    I am such a lover of the remix meal ideas.

    ReplyDelete