Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

napa marathon

The view while running


How did the marathon go?

I was not feeling good, my head was stuffy and my body was tired when I started.

I was unsure if I was going to run it at all because I was still feeling sick.

On the first hill I felt asthmatic and could not breath and decided that if I was going to run it would have to be slow.

I already run slow, so it had to be very slow.

I took it slow and it was good.  I did not beat myself for going slow (which I sometimes do), I just ran and took it in.

The Napa Valley is beautiful. We ran from Calistoga to Napa, there was some rain and some sun.

If the Napa Marathon was in April I would do it again and again.  It is a beautiful, and everyone is so nice.  As you know, I like to make friends and even the painfully slow people were happy to be there. The attitude was so much better then it was at CIM (in my opinion), and it made the experience better.

It was physically a hard race but mentally I was strong.

Here is what I thought about a lot: I have a friend with Hodgkins Lymphoma and he is under going chemo therapy.  That is hard (on him and his family).  All I had to do was run.  Running is easy.

26.2 done.

Elena

9 comments:

  1. Hopefully you know how incredibly amazing I think you are, I'll tell you again- You are amazing!! And not only because you have run two marathons in less than a year after having a baby, although that is incredible all on its own! I'm so happy to call you a friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said sister! I'm so proud of you - you did it! Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are so sweet! I am so glad to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!! Just plain ol goodness. Keep it up. I agree with you. When you think of others and thier struggles you have to ask yourself, "what is really that hard?"...and keep on keepin on. You have inspired me to start SOMETHING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was an awesome day for you. You really touched me when you said you thought about your friend and that running is easy. It really is. I am a Team in Training participant (raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society) and that is seriously what makes all of the running I do so easy. Because we have it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely and congrats on doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey lady you need to email me about the giveaway :-)

    ReplyDelete