Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

it's monday

Here we go with another week.

Last week my family (my mom, brother, sister-in-law and twin 16 month nephews) were staying with us and Rob was on vacation so he was home. 

We were all here.  In my house. 

It was good. I love my family and actually enjoy spending time with them.

I wished they lived next door.

Yesterday Rob went to work and my family left.  Like I said, I love my family, but I am so glad everyone got out of my house.  

Next time I complain about feeding or cleaning up after my small people, remind me how easy it is to take care of two people.

We have no big adventures planned for this week aside from a trip to the Bay Area to snuggle a baby and maybe wine country for mothers day.

I am going to enjoy the sun and work on getting lean.

Here are this weeks health kick goals:
  • Work out (lift three days, and do cardio three times)
  • Drink a lot of water (I did good last week but I still need to drink more)
  • Eat Healthy (lots of veggies, good protein, and not too many carbs or sweets)
  • Limit margaritas/wine/other cocktails (all calories count, even when the sun is out).
Additional Goals for the week:
  • Have a date with my husband (even if it ends up being on the couch with a movie).
  • Plan our meals (and actually make what I plan).
  • Build a planter box and plant a garden.

What's your plan for the week?  Any goals? Any heath kick plans?


Happy Monday,

elena

8 comments:

  1. I love family too - but a lot of the time I love my alone time even more because it is few and far between. And I laughed at "plan our meals and actually make what I plan" That is so true. I'm the worst for getting sidetracked. Great post - hope you are having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those goals are great! I need to set some goals for myself and I love that you have weekly, smaller goals...makes it easier to "check" off which in my book keeps me motivated for sure! Good luck, now I am off to set some goals darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you and good luck with your goals!

    I'm with you, and Debbie on loving being smothered by family when everyone is here; running up and down the stairs, slamming doors, sending my icemaker into cardiac arrest, eating, eating, eating...whew!

    Then, I LOVE my alone-time even more..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals!!

    Goals for this week... Clear coat the pots I painted. Go to the Children's Museum. Eat healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! Sounds like you have an amazing, awesome week planned.

    My first and foremost goal is to think about the concept of setting goals. Yes, I'm fairly sure that's a good place to start... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elena, they sound like good plans!
    I too am trying to eat healthier this week, mostly by cutting out sugar. I'm also contemplating taking up running, but still in the contemplating stage and not the doing stage yet haha.

    P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals! I need to start working out. I always come up with some excuse as to why I don't. (Running around after 4 kids under 5 everyday is excersice, right?! LOL)

    I love having my family around as well.We're actually discussing selling our current home and moving in the same development as my parents. I'm not sure yet if it's a good idea or not :)

    www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love having family close by, too. Close, but NOT in my house! Next door sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete