Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

musing on MLK day

My kids are biracial, I am white, Rob is black, and our kids are beautiful latte.



I never really think about it.

Kids don't see any difference, they may notice we look different but they don't think about it,  we are all just people.

We should be more like kids.  We should celebrate what makes us who we are and our histories but we should live and love for the people we are.

It devastates me that someone may decide they don't like my kids or tease them because I am white or because Rob is black.

I hope that they were born into a generation and place that people will just see them as people.

"Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."  Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Elena

1 comment:

  1. Im half and half like your kids (who are sooo freakin cute!!). When i was younger I went thru a litle bit of racism troubles, mainly it was kids saying things cuz they were just uneducated by there parents. Hopefully when your kiddies grow up there peers will still have that innocents, or atleast the understanding that were all the same inside and out.
    P.s Luv ur blog:)

    ReplyDelete