Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I have a problem or at least a habit

I really don't enjoy running marathons,  26.2 miles is not fun,  it is hard.

But somehow I can't stop signing up for them.  I ran my 1st marathon in March 2009, my 2nd four months later (then I went home and got pregnant).  Seven months after Jaxson was born I ran my 3rd marathon, and now three months after the CIM I am running my 4th. It's official I am going to run the Napa Valley Marathon on March 6th. 

I wanted to cry for a good portion of my last marathon, or at least a few miles of it, but I can't stop thinking about running another one.  And, as I mentioned before, I will feel like a total bad ass running two marathons before Jax is one.

Napa will be a new challenge for me because I am essentially training on my own.   I have three friends running it but I will not be running with them, their pace is  faster then can I do.  We are already running 15 miles I don't have time to work on my speed enough that I can sustain their pace.  That being said, I am totally okay with it, but 18-22 miles will be hard on my own.

I had planned work on my pace before I ran another marathon, but I did not want to wait. There will be time for that before the next one (maybe New York).  Clearly I have a problem.

I ran 12 miles last weekend and it was good, it did not suck at all.  I am doing 15 this weekend, I will keep you posted on how it goes.


Happy Running,
Elena

1 comment:

  1. Yep, you do have a problem, but it's a good one to have ;) Happy Running!

    ReplyDelete