Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

You may not know this about me

I am a bit of a control freak.  I am not sure when it happened, I am think I used to be laid back (in a high strung kind of way).  It must have happened post having children.  

I am tightly wound.  I thought I faked it well, but I have been informed that I don't.

My friends are afraid to help me cook in my kitchen.

I am can be easy going as long as I like things are going the way I want them to. I like to be in charge.

What brought on the tangent?  I always put Taylor to bed.   She is 4 1/2 and I have probably been the one to put her to bed all but maybe 10 times (and by 10 I really mean 7 but 10 sounds better).

This does not mean that I don't go out, I am not one of those moms, but my kids go to bed early.  It is easy for me to put my kids to bed at 6:30 and be out before 7:00. 

Last night I went out, and we had to be there at 6:00.  I explained to Taylor that dad would put her to bed unless she wanted to go to bed really early, she opted to have Rob put her to bed.  She seemed okay with it until I started getting ready to go out, then she got a little stressed. 

She said, "Mom I will die if you don't put me to bed."

I responded "okay, go get in bed and I will read to you now" (is was 5:10). 

Taylor said, "Oh, I will try not to die, I am going to go play."

I realize that I have created her craziness but it makes me laugh just the same.

I went out, Rob put her to bed, she was just fine, I did just fine letting go.

Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment